Blogs of Dr. Faruq M. Badiuddin
Advantages of Keyhole Surgery or Laparoscopic Surgery
Advantages of Keyhole Surgery or Laparoscopic Surgery are following:
- It may offer a quicker recovery. Patient may be able to resume work and normal activities in shorter period.
- Significantly less post-operative pain.
- Other hernias that are not yet visible can be identified and repaired at an earlier stage avoiding the need for future surgery.
- Procedure of choice when there are multiple hernias and for Bilateral Hernias.
- It has better cosmetic results. There are 3 small scars rather than a 6cm-8cm scar if undergoing Open surgery.